We supply Bamboo straws and Wheat straws as alternatives to plastic straws. Our aim is to provide a solution and encourage bars, restaurants, cafe’s and other businesses to do their bit for the environment.
We do not believe paper straws are the solution to this plastic problem. Our experience is that paper straws tend to go soggy in both hot and thick drinks. They are also often too thick to be recycled without advanced infrastructure
Why Bamboo ?
- Fast Growing – Bamboo is one of the fastest-growing plants in the world and can growth at a rate of up to 4cm a day.
- Sustainable -It is one of the most sustainable plant materials which is reusable, compostable and is also naturally antibacterial.
- Oxygen Enriching – It produces 35% more oxygen than trees and absorbs more carbon dioxide than any other plant.
Why Wheat ?
- Natural – wheat straws are made from the stems of wheat, a natural byproduct of the wheat harvest
- Sustainable – Wheat straws can be thrown in the compost bin and biodegrade over a period of 2-3 months
- Waste-Free – The stems would usually be thrown away but this is wasteful. Golden yellow it is harvested and the remaining stems are cut before being cleaned and made into straws.